What personal information does Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht use?
When you make a reservation, you will be asked for your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, payment information, possibly the names of travellers accompanying you and your preferences for your stay.
To manage your reservations more easily, you can create a user account. This will allow you to save your personal settings, view previous reservations and manage future reservations.
Why does Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: First of all, we use your personal information to complete your online reservation and forward the reservation information to the accommodation you have reserved.
- Customer service: We have an international customer service team, available 24/7 from local offices in over 20 countries. Sharing your information with our global customer service team allows us to respond when you need us. This includes finding suitable accommodation for you and answering any questions about your booking.
- Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a review after you have stayed at the accommodation. This may help other travellers choose the accommodation that suits them best.
- Marketing activitiesWe also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation or create an account, we may use your contact information to send you news or similar travel-related products and services. We also send our customers regular newsletters by e-mail. You can unsubscribe from these newsletters at any time.
- Depending on the information you share with us, we may show you personalised offers on the Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht website, in mobile apps or on third party websites, including social media websites.
- Other communicationThere may be other times when we can contact you by email, post, phone or text message. This depends on the contact information you share with us. There may be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to requests you have made.
- If you have not completed your booking online, we can send you an email with a reminder to continue with your booking. We believe this service is useful as it allows you to continue with your reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or re-enter your reservation information.
- If you use our services, we may send you a survey or invite you to write a review about your experience with Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht.
- We may also send you other information related to your reservation, such as how to contact Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht if you need assistance while travelling or an overview of previous reservations you have made at Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht.
- Market research: Sometimes we ask our customers to participate in market research. The personal information you give us during this market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- To improve our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht use social media?
We use social media to promote our partners' accommodations and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, there are social media plugins on the Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht website. When you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media site and possibly shown on your social media profile, so that it can be shared with others in your network.
In addition to implementing these buttons, Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht uses social media by maintaining accounts on multiple social media sites and by offering social apps. These social media services allow you to share information with Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht. When you register with a social media app, you will be told what information will be shared with Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht. The information that you indicate you want to share with us may be basic information available from your social media profile, email address, status updates and your friends list. This information is needed to provide a unique user experience in the app itself or on our websites. This allows us to personalise our website to meet your needs, connect you with friends based on travel destinations and improve our travel-related services.
We may also allow you to log in to Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht with your social media accounts. Your social media site can tell you more about how they use and process your information in this case.
How does Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht share your information with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with third parties.
- The accommodation you have reserved: In order to complete your booking, we need to send relevant booking information to the accommodation you have reserved. This may include your name, your contact information, your payment information, any passengers travelling with you and the preferences you indicated during your reservation.
- External service providers: We may use external service providers to process your personal information for the purposes described above. For example, we may use service providers to send booking information on our behalf to the accommodation you have reserved. We may also instruct external parties to contact you. If required for a particular reservation, we may also work with external payment providers to facilitate payment or payment guarantee. We also work with external advertising networks to promote our accommodations and services on other platforms. Finally, we may use external parties for analytical purposes. These external parties are bound by confidentiality agreements and will not use your information for purposes other than those described above.
- Our business partners: We work with partner websites around the world to distribute the accommodation featured on our website and mobile apps. If you make a reservation with one of these business partners, certain personal information you provide to them may be shared with us. We may also share information with the business partner. For example, information about your account, so that you can manage your reservation and they can answer questions about your reservation and perform marketing activities. In this context, your information is protected by the privacy policies of these business partners.
- Authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if required by law. This may include a court order, subpoena, and requirements of legal processes and investigations. We may also disclose your personal information when strictly necessary to prevent, detect or prosecute criminal matters.
How does Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht use mobile devices?
We have free apps for multiple mobile devices. These apps collect and process your personal information in the same way as our website - and they allow you to use location services to find hotels nearby.
How does Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht use reviews?
After your stay in each accommodation you have booked with us, you will receive an invitation to write a review. If you do not want your name to be shown, you can indicate that so that your review will be posted anonymously. By submitting a review you agree that the review may be shown on the relevant accommodation information page on our websites, in our mobile apps, in our social media accounts and in social apps, or on the accommodation's or our business partner's website. This allows other travellers to access information about the quality and services of the accommodation you stayed at. More information can be found in our General Terms and Conditions.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that is placed on your computer by a website.
Websites have no memory. If you surf different pages of the website, you will not be recognised as the same user on those pages. Cookies allow your browser to be recognised by the website. In short, cookies are mainly used to remember choices you make, such as your preferred language and currency. Cookies also ensure that you are recognised when you return to the website.
Do all cookies do the same?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways to use them. Cookies can be classified according to their function, lifespan and the party placing them on a website.
We aim to provide our visitors with an advanced and user-friendly website that automatically adapts to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical Cookies: We use technical cookies to allow you to see our website, for the website to function correctly, to create your user account, to allow you to log in and to manage your reservations. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional Cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your personal preferences and to help you use the website effectively and efficiently, for example remembering your preferred language and currency, your search history and the accommodation you have previously viewed. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the website to function properly, but they add functionality and improve your user experience.
- Analytical cookies: We use these cookies to understand how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve the website and to make sure we are still interesting and relevant. The information we collect is which web pages you visited, which forwarding or exit pages you visited and left, which platform type you used, your date and time stamp, and details such as the number of clicks you make on a particular page, your mouse movements and scroll movements, the keywords you use and the text you type while using our website.
- Commercial cookies: We use these cookies to show Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht advertisements on other websites. This is called "retargeting" and is targeted to the destinations you have searched for and the accommodations you have viewed.
How can you recognize Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Yes, Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht makes use of the services of reliable and well-known online advertising and marketing companies. Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht may also use external parties for analytical purposes. To make use of their services, these companies need to place cookies.
The providers we use are focused on making all processes clear to consumers and setting up the right information management processes and standards.
Who has access to the information contained in the Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht cookies?
Only Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht has access to the Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht cookies. Cookies placed by external companies can be viewed by these external companies.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
You can specify in your browser settings in Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome which cookies you want to accept and which you want to reject. The exact location of these settings depends on which browser you are using. Use the "Help" function in your browser to find the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some of the features on our website. And opting out of an online advertising network does not mean you will no longer receive online ads or be included in market analysis. It only means that the network from which you opted out will no longer serve ads personalised to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
Does Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht use web beacons?
As with cookies, Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht occasionally uses web beacons. A web beacon is a small image of just 1 pixel that comes to your computer as part of a web page or HTML e-mail message. These pixels are used directly or via service providers as part of our online advertising on our website or on the websites of third parties to find out whether a user who is shown an advertisement is actually going to make a reservation; to track the conversion of partner websites and to track users' navigation patterns so that we can provide the best travel-related services to you.
What security procedures does Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht have in place to ensure that your personal information is safe?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we have robust procedures to prevent unauthorised use and misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical limitations to access the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel have access to personal information as necessary for their work.
Your credit card information - if required for the booking process - will be stored with us for a maximum of 10 days. After that time it is either permanently deleted or fragmented for fraud detection purposes. This is of course not the case if you have indicated that you want to save your credit card information in your personal account.
The services offered by Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht are not intended for children under the age of 18. The use of any of our services is only permitted with the express permission of a parent or guardian. When we receive information from someone under the age of 18, we retain the right to delete it.
How can you manage the personal information you have given to Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht?
You always have the right to view the personal information we hold about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Request personal information" in the subject field and include a copy of your ID so that we can prevent individuals from accessing your personal information without authorisation.
If the personal information is incorrect, we will update it after you have indicated it to us. You may also request removal of your personal information from our customer database by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with "Request for removal of personal information" in the subject line. However, we may need to retain certain information for legal or administrative reasons, such as our file for fraudulent activity. You may delete your user account at any time by logging into your account on the Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht website and choosing to delete your account.
Who is responsible for processing personal information on the Hotel Café Restaurant Duinzicht website and apps?
The processing of personal information on the website and the mobile apps is done by Hotel Duinzicht B.V.
Hotel Duinzicht B.V. is a private limited company which is governed by Dutch law. If you have any comments or suggestions about this privacy information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.